Re: exception while upgrading driver

От Sathyajith G
Тема Re: exception while upgrading driver
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Sathyajith G wrote:
>
> >    i have the following code running without any errors with postgres
> 7.4.2.
> > driver.
> >
> > String qry="select ...;
> >
> > try{
> >   ResultSet rs=Data.getResultSet(qry);
> >   while(rs.next())
> >
> > I changed the driver to postgres 8.0.1.  Strangely now, the above code
> gives
> > the exception "The resultset is closed". Please help.
> >

> I suspect your Data.getResultSet() method looks something like this:
>

> Statement stmt = conn.createStatement();
> ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
> stmt.close();
> return rs;
>
> This is not a legal thing to do, closing the Statement also closes the
> ResultSet that was created by it.  The 7.4 driver did not correctly check
> this, but the 8.0 version does.  You most postpone the Statement close
> until you are done with the ResultSet.
>
> Kris Jurka

i am not closing the statement anywhere. this is how Data.getResultSet()
looks like:

public static  ResultSet getResultSet(String sql)
     {
       ResultSet rs;
        try{
             rs=stmt.executeQuery(sql);
            }catch(Exception e)
                   {System.err.println("error");
                    rs=null;
                    }
            return rs;
     }

Sathyajith Gopi

От: Kris Jurka
Сообщение: Re: exception while upgrading driver