Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Support OpenSSL 1.1.0.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Support OpenSSL 1.1.0.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/15/2016 07:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@iki.fi> writes:
>> Support OpenSSL 1.1.0.
>
> Buildfarm member curculio doesn't like this patch.  I suspect the reason
> is it's got some slightly-too-old version of OpenSSL, but if so, we ought
> to try to fix configure's probe so the problem gets reported at configure
> time, not somewhere down in the build.
>
> Mikael, what openssl version is on that box exactly?  (And could you
> fix it to start building the 9.6 branch?)

Hmm, that's odd:

> be-secure-openssl.c: In function 'my_BIO_s_socket':
> be-secure-openssl.c:732: warning: implicit declaration of function 'BIO_get_new_index'
> be-secure-openssl.c:735: warning: implicit declaration of function 'BIO_meth_new'
> be-secure-openssl.c:735: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast> ...

It looks it's taking the OpenSSL 1.1.0 codepath:

> #if OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER >= 0x10100000L
>         int            my_bio_index;
>
>         my_bio_index = BIO_get_new_index();
>         if (my_bio_index == -1)
>             return NULL;> ...

Wild guess: curculio is building with LibreSSL, which claims to be
OpenSSL >= 1.1.0, but it doesn't actually implement all the functions
that OpenSSL 1.1.0 does.

Looks like we need some more autoconf scripting to detect LibreSSL. Or
switch to detecting the existence of individual functions, rather than
checking the version number. That would be more autoconf-like anyway.

- Heikki