Re: [GENERAL] Naming conventions for column names

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Naming conventions for column names
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Naming conventions for column names
Список pgsql-general
Sachin Kotwal <kotsachin@gmail.com> writes:
> I can understand that it is important to maintain naming pattern same as
> system catalogs, but in that case we may need to redefine system catalogs
> naming conventions .

Those naming conventions are twenty-five years old, and there is an
astonishing amount of client code that would break if we ran around
changing existing system catalog column names.  It's very unlikely that
any proposal to do that would even receive serious consideration.

The bar to using new naming conventions in new catalogs would be
lower, of course, but then you have to think about the confusion
factor of having different naming styles in different places.