Re: _GNU_SOURCE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: _GNU_SOURCE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
>> "The crypt_r function is a GNU extension."

> BSD/OS doesn't have crypt_r(), and crypt() manual page says:

>      The crypt() function may not be safely called concurrently from multiple
>      threads, e.g., the interfaces described by pthreads(3).

Right.  But whether crypt is re-entrant or not isn't really the issue
here.  The problem is that the standard RHL 8 version of Perl is
installed in such a way that <perl.h> fails to compile unless crypt_r's
struct typedef is visible.  I have not looked, but I surmise this must
mean that they configured Perl with _GNU_SOURCE defined.  Maybe it was
done so Perl could get at crypt_r, but more likely it was for some other
reasons altogether ...