Re: shmget problem with Win NT services

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: shmget problem with Win NT services
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Ken=E9z_Attila?= <akenez@energo-szoft.hu> writes:
>     IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1441792, 03600) failed: Not
> enough core

> If it runs as Administrator, it works fine. It also gives the same error
> message if it runs as any other user (except Administrator).

Hmm.  From that behavior I would think that this is a permissions problem
not an insufficient-resources problem.  Perhaps cygipc has a small bug
that causes it to return the wrong error code for a permissions failure
(ie, it says ENOMEM when it should say EPERM)?

Either that, or NT has different memory use limits for different users.

I have no idea where you look to fix it in either case; just wanted to
suggest that maybe you shouldn't believe the error code completely.

Сообщение: Re: PostGreSQL Replication question !!
Сообщение: Re: PostGreSQL Replication question !!