2 instances of postmaster with different data directories

От surabhi.ahuja
Тема 2 instances of postmaster with different data directories
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 Hi,

I am going to integrate my dtabase into a system. That system also has another database and uses postgres.

However they have their own data directory and start postmaster by specifying that.

I have seen that it is possible to run multiple postmasters on multiple ports by specifying diffrent data directories.

But we are still to decide if we should go with the above approach....or is it better to have just one data directory and one instance of postmaster on the default port.

any amount of info will be valuable.

thanks,
regards

Surabhi Ahuja