Re: a stored procedure ..with integer as the parameter

От surabhi.ahuja
Тема Re: a stored procedure ..with integer as the parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 oops i am sorry,
i mean from the client i ll be getting values (which i need to insert into the table) in the form of strings:

and i form the insert command as follows:

function(char *a, char *b, char *c)
{
char command[1024];
sprintf(command, "select insert('%s','%s','%s')", a,b,c);
execute the above command;
}

the above is just the pseudo code

the stored procedure in turn is as follows (psudocode):

insert(smallint , smallint, varchar(256))
begin
insert into table 1 values ($1, $2, $3);
end