Re: a stored procedure ..with integer as the parameter

От surabhi.ahuja
Тема Re: a stored procedure ..with integer as the parameter
Дата
Re: a stored procedure ..with integer as the parameter  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
Список pgsql-general
from the client i receive a vector of strings ...which i have to pass as arguments to the stored procedure.

That stored procedure has valid arguments data types

for instance
i have a stored procedure as follows:

insert(integer, varchar(256), smallint)

from the client I get : "200", "surabhi", "10"

now i have to make a call to the stored procedure using the above received strings.

will not the "200" be converted to a valid integer before saving into the database ..and same with the smallint values.

thanks,
regards
Surabhi