Re: Problem with Large Object Interface of pgsql_perl5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with Large Object Interface of pgsql_perl5
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Ken Causey <ken@premiernet.net> writes:
> Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Not doing the lo_open inside a transaction.  You need begin ... end
around any use of an open large object.  (This has always been true,
but older versions of Postgres didn't enforce it --- they'd just die
occasionally if you broke the rule.  Now, open LO handles are auto-
closed at transaction commit, which is to say at end of statement
if you're not inside a BEGIN block.)