Re: Checking that Pg is running from a shell script

От McCaffity, Ray (Contractor)
Тема Re: Checking that Pg is running from a shell script
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This seems to work on UNIX systems.  (Tested on Linux and Solaris)
You have to change the path of PIDFILE variable below.

#!/usr/bin/ksh
# $Source$
****
# is_postgres_running:
# This script returns either YES or NO, depending on whether Postgresql is
running.
#

## Hard-code the response for testing:
#echo "YES"         #*DEBUG*
#exit               #*DEBUG*

# the path to your PID file
PIDFILE=/pgdata/postmaster.pid

    if [ -f $PIDFILE ] ; then
    PID=`cat $PIDFILE`
    if [ "x$PID" != "x" ] && kill -0 $PID 2>/dev/null ; then
        STATUS="YES"
    else
        STATUS="NO"
    fi