Re: Efficient DELETE Strategies

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Efficient DELETE Strategies
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg@aon.at> writes:
> Oracle basically supports (with slight variations between releases
> 7/8/9):
>     DELETE [FROM] { table
>                   | view
>                   | ( subquery )
>                   }
>            [alias] [WHERE ...] [returning_clause]

Bizarre.  How are you supposed to delete from a subquery?

> According to the "SQL Quick Syntax Guide" the WHERE clause is not
> optional.  Does anybody know, if this is a documentation bug?

Probably.  SQL92 saith:
]
        <delete statement: positioned> ::=             DELETE FROM <table name>               WHERE CURRENT OF <cursor
name>

so I could see where a sloppy reader might get confused...
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: