Re: row value constructor bug?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: row value constructor bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> In my understanding below row value constructors(I hope this term is
> correct) exaples should return true, but PostgreSQL does not.

By my reading, a "row value constructor" is one of the things in
parentheses, while the whole clause is a "comparison predicate"
(per section 8.2 of SQL92).  But I agree that we don't seem to
have implemented the semantics correctly.  The code currently
responsible for this is makeRowExpr() in gram.y ... I tend to
agree with the comment on it that says that the functionality
should be pushed deeper ...