Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 2019-02-05 08:50:16 -0500, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> The original thought process was to _not_ do that given the effort, but
>> if it's just for `/current/` it may not be so bad.

> I think it definitely should also be on /devel/, that's what's out there
> on blog posts and such.  I am flummoxed that we're just giving up google
> juice by willy nilly returning 404 for stuff that's more widely linked
> than the average page. It's not like we are that good placed in searches
> (although that's primarily related to other things).

I thought there was some concern that we were deoptimizing by having
multiple copies of substantially the same page.  For something like
release-9-6-10.html, there's no value in having it appear in three
or four different places.  You can't even argue that the later
branches might be more up-to-date: that text is *the same*, modulo
toolchain-forced markup differences, in every branch; or at least
if it isn't it means I screwed up.

Сообщение: Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Сообщение: Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal