Re: Visualize GiST Index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Visualize GiST Index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Hunter <ahunter@ucalgary.ca> writes:
> On 2010-09-22, at 9:56 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Hunter <ahunter@ucalgary.ca> writes:
>>> I have been trying to install the Gevel module but am getting an error when running make on the gevel files
download.
>>> The error is:
>>> /contrib/contrib-global.mk: No such file or directory.
>>> I have also tried USE_PGXS=1 make, but get the same result.  I am unable to find contrib-global.mk.

>> Could we see the output of "pg_config"?

> PGXS = /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk

Hm.  If that file is in fact present, I'd have expected "make USE_PGXS=1"
to work.  The error you cite looks like what would happen without
USE_PGXS --- are you sure you get the exact same error both ways?

If you're still baffled, it might help to show Gevel's Makefile.
It's possible it isn't invoking pgxs correctly.