Re: meson documentation build open issues

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: meson documentation build open issues
Дата
Re: meson documentation build open issues  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Re: meson documentation build open issues  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On November 7, 2023 7:55:37 AM PST, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

>>> Maybe I am missing something - they aren't built by default in autoconf
>>> either?
>> True, but the documentation (and this thread) reads like it should. Or
>> at least it should, when I explicitly say -Ddocs=enabled.
>>
>> What would also help is when the tail of the meson output had a list
>> of features that are enabled. There's the list of "External libraries"
>> which is quite helpful at figuring out what's still missing, but
>> perhaps this could be extended:
>>
>>    Features
>>      LLVM     : YES (/usr/bin/llvm-config-16)
>>      DOCS     : YES (html pdf texinfo)
>>
>> Atm it's hidden in the long initial blurb of "Checking for.." and the
>> "NO" in there don't really stand out as much, since some of them are
>> normal.
>
>I don't feel like we have fully worked out how the docs options should fit together.
>
>With the make build system, there is a canonical sequence of
>
>make world
>make check-world
>make install-world
>
>that encompasses everything.
>
>Now with meson to handle the documentation one needs to remember a variety of additional targets.  (There is a risk
thatonce this gets more widespread, more people will submit broken documentation.)

install-world with meson also installs docs.

>I would like to have some set of options that enables it so that the standard documentation targets become part of
"mesoncompile" and "meson install".

-0.5 - it's just too painfully slow. For all scripted uses you can just as well use install-world...

Andres

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: meson documentation build open issues
От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE uses a bistate but not for toast tables