Re: Define jsonpath functions as stable

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Define jsonpath functions as stable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> I looked at the patch, but did not test it. From what I can see, it
> looks good, but perhaps we add a test in it to show that single-quoted
> literals are unsupported?

I thought about that, but it seems like it'd be memorializing some
other weird behavior:

regression=# select '''foo'''::jsonpath;
ERROR:  syntax error, unexpected IDENT_P at end of jsonpath input
LINE 1: select '''foo'''::jsonpath;
               ^

regression=# select '''foo'' <= ''bar'''::jsonpath;
ERROR:  syntax error, unexpected IDENT_P at or near " " of jsonpath input
LINE 1: select '''foo'' <= ''bar'''::jsonpath;
               ^

There isn't anything I like about these error messages.  Seems like
the error handling in jsonpath_gram.y could use some cleanup too
... although I don't think it's a task to tackle while we're
rushing to get v12 shippable.

Сообщение: Re: Bug in GiST paring heap comparator
Сообщение: Re: Bug in GiST paring heap comparator