Re: Unicode combining characters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unicode combining characters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> If no one can find a case where multibyte is slower, I think we should
> enable it by default.  Comments?

Well, he just did point out such a case:

>>              no MB        with MB
>> LIKE      0.09 msec    0.08 msec
>> REGEX    0.09 msec    0.10 msec

But I agree with your conclusion.  If the worst penalty we can find is
that a regex comparison operator is 10% slower, we may as well turn it
on by default.  Most people will never notice the difference, and anyone
who really cares can always turn it off again.

Сообщение: Re: do we're in time to catch 7.2 Beta ?
Сообщение: Re: do we're in time to catch 7.2 Beta ?