Re: Multi master use case?

От Oliver Kohll - Mailing Lists
Тема Re: Multi master use case?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 28 Jan 2012, at 15:27, "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

Is this a case for multi master do you think?
I.e. running one on the internet, one locally.

Yes, could be.

b) changing schemas (new tables, fields, views etc.) as well as data

That's a tall order; I don't think anything will do that automatically,
although rubyrep claims to at least pick up new tables.

OK, I guess I could treat one as 'schema master' and pg_dump schema + data across to the other once a night, once all activity has stopped and standard replication completed.

Any experiences/thoughts?

My experience is with Bucardo, which should do the job admirably
(but with the data only). My advice would be to just set up a test
system and try rubyrep and Bucardo out. For the latter, use the
latest Bucardo5 beta, as Bucardo4 will be deprecated soon:

http://bucardo.org/downloads/Bucardo-4.99.3.tar.gz

Thanks, I'll do that.

Oliver