Re: Best practice to load a huge table from ORACLE to PG

От Potluri Srikanth
Тема Re: Best practice to load a huge table from ORACLE to PG
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
But do we link oracle trigger to postgres trigger ?

i mean :

oracle trigger will take a note of what has been changed .
but then how do we pass those changes to postgres trigger ?

can u suggest any logic or algorithm ?

Regards,
Srikanth k Potluri
+63 9177444783(philippines)

On Sat 26/04/08 8:40 PM , "Joshua D. Drake" jd@commandprompt.com sent:
Adonias Malosso wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I�d like to know what�s the best practice to LOAD a 70 milion rows, 101
> columns table
> from ORACLE to PGSQL.
>
> The current approach is to dump the data in CSV and than COPY it to
> Postgresql.
>
> Anyone has a better idea.

Write a java trigger in Oracle that notes when a row has been
added/delete/updated and does the exact same thing in postgresql.

Joshua D. Drake