Re: OIDS (Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OIDS (Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> Bruce, you scoundrel! :-)

> I have no idea what this was.  I could have removed it, but I don't
> remember anything about this.

Actually I might be the guilty party.  I recall having seen that libpq
was willing to accept multiple T (tuple descriptor) messages
interspersed in the data returned by a query.  But the API that libpq
presents to the application cannot support this, and I concluded after
digging around in the backend that the backend couldn't do it either.
I think I broke libpq's support for it during the rewrite for 6.4.

This is something that might have worked once upon a time, long ago
and far away.  But making it work again will take considerably more
than just patching libpq...