Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jun 12, 2024, at 11:30, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:

> I'm a little surprised that we don't seem to have all that many
> problems with ABI breakage, though. Although we theoretically have a
> huge number of APIs that extension authors might choose to use, that
> isn't really true in practical terms. The universe of theoretically
> possible problems is vastly larger than the areas where we see
> problems in practice. You have to be pragmatic about it.

Things go wrong far less often than one might fear! Given this relative stability, I think it’s reasonable to document
whatheretofore assumed the policy is so that the fears can largely be put to rest by clear expectations.

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility