Re: *SOLVED* Connections closing due to "terminating connection due to administrator command"

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: *SOLVED* Connections closing due to "terminating connection due to administrator command"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 27 ביולי 2015, at 18:20, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Herouth Maoz <herouth@unicell.co.il> writes:
>> So I’m left with the question of what caused the shutdown on July 21st.
>
> Well, you had
>
> 2015-07-21 15:37:59 IDT LOG:  received fast shutdown request
>
> There is exactly one place in the Postgres code that prints that message,
> and it is the postmaster's SIGINT handler.
>
> 2015-07-21 15:37:59 IDT LOG:  aborting any active transactions
>
> This is just the postmaster noting that it's about to send SIGTERM signals
> to all its child processes ...
>
> 2015-07-21 15:37:59 IDT FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command
>
> ... and    here is a child acknowledging receipt of SIGTERM.  This is all
> as-expected once the postmaster's received a shutdown signal.
>
> So something sent the postmaster a SIGINT, and it's hard to believe that
> the source wasn't external to the database.

OK, that was straight to the point, so I started looking for anything that could have done that in the system logs.

As it turns out, it was human error. That is, the sysadmin ran "apt-get upgrade", not being aware that if one of the
packagesupgraded was PostgreSQL, it would cause a database restart.

Thanks everybody for your time.
Herouth