Re: When dealing with 'bigint'or 'int8', the command 'copy'doesn't work

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: When dealing with 'bigint'or 'int8', the command 'copy'doesn't work
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Dong, Meng" <eddy@securities.com> writes:
> SGkgZ3V5cywNCg0KSSBtZWV0IGEgcHJvYmxlbSB3aGVuIHRyeSB0byBpbXBv
> cnQgZGF0YSBmcm9tIGEgVGFiLWRlbGltaXRlZC10ZXh0IGZpbGUgdG8gYSB0
> YWJsZSBieSBjb21tYW5kICdjb3B5IGZyb20nLiBBIHNhbXBsZSBwcm9jZWR1
> cmUgaXMgZXhwbGFpbmVkIGFzIGZvbGxvdywNCg0KDQpmaXJzdCwgSSBnZW5l
> cmF0ZSBhIGZpbGUgY2FsbGVkICAvaG9tZS90ZW1wL3Rlc3QudHh0LCBsZXQn
> [ etc ]

Please don't send HTML mail to the lists.

Although I'm not having any luck quoting your mail, I can tell
you that copying int8 values works fine for me.  If the error
message is spelled exactly as you show it, it suggests that's
what's really in your data file is not

    123    456

but

    '123'    '456'