Re: [BUGS] BUG #14897: Segfault on statitics SQL request

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14897: Segfault on statitics SQL request
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2017-11-11 12:54:29 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think that would be better served by a flag like
>> MCXT_ALLOC_ALIGN_CACHELINE than by having the callers demand a
>> specific numeric alignment value --- it'd be a lot easier to make the
>> alignment match actual hardware requirements if it were being inserted
>> at one specific place.

> Specifying MCXT_ALLOC_ALIGN_CACHELINE rather than CACHELINE_ALIGNMENT
> doesn't seem to make it meaningfully harder to adjust. Or are you
> thinking of probing the hardware?

Yeah, the latter.  The two approaches seem pretty much equivalent if
you're assuming compile-time decisions, but if we ever wanted a run-
time decision, I think having a flag bit that's interpreted inside
MemoryContextAllocExtended would be easier to deal with.