Re: books

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: books
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> writes:
> I guess I'm trying to bridge the difference between MySQL's process of
> INSERTing a user ID into a database table and modifying it for access
> versus the postgres method of CREATE USER.  How do I access user status
> from the sql line, can I?

You can still hack pg_shadow manually if you really want to.  It's a
good way to shoot yourself in the foot, though, or get burnt by
cross-version changes, which is why we encourage using the special
commands instead.

Сообщение: Re: Impact of UNICODE encoding on performance
Сообщение: Re: Impact of UNICODE encoding on performance