Re: postgres ssl client certificate authentification

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgres ssl client certificate authentification
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Zwettler Markus (OIZ)" <Markus.Zwettler@zuerich.ch> writes:
> I am playing around with postgres ssl encryption. I am confused about client certificate authentication:

> <quote>
> The second approach combines any authentication method for hostssl entries with the verification of client
certificatesby setting the clientcert authentication option to verify-ca or verify-full. The former option only
enforcesthat the certificate is valid, while the latter also ensures that the cn (Common Name) in the certificate
matchesthe user name or an applicable mapping.
> </quote>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/ssl-tcp.html

Given that your server is 9.6.x, you're reading the wrong version
of the docs.  Per

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

the only clientcert value that does anything is "1":

    In addition to the method-specific options listed below, there is one
    method-independent authentication option clientcert, which can be
    specified in any hostssl record. When set to 1, this option requires
    the client to present a valid (trusted) SSL certificate, in addition
    to the other requirements of the authentication method.

От: "Zwettler Markus (OIZ)"
Сообщение: postgres ssl client certificate authentification
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 14: pg_dump / pg_restore error: could not write to the communication channel: Broken pipe