Re: pg 7.4.x - pg_restore impossibly slow

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg 7.4.x - pg_restore impossibly slow
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"patrick keshishian" <pkeshish@gmail.com> writes:
> My dev box is much slower hardware than the customer's
> server.  Even with that difference I expected to be able to
> pg_restore the database within one day.  But no.

Seems a bit odd.  Can you narrow down more closely which step of the
restore is taking the time?  (Try enabling log_statements.)

One thought is that kicking up work_mem and vacuum_mem is likely to
help for some steps (esp. CREATE INDEX and foreign-key checking).
And be sure you've done the usual tuning for write-intensive activity,
such as bumping up checkpoint_segments.  Turning off fsync wouldn't
be a bad idea either.