Re: libpq API incompatibility between 7.4 and 8.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq API incompatibility between 7.4 and 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> ... If they don't have
> different sonames, then we declare that they are compatible, so it
> should be OK to have only the latest version installed.  That requires
> us to stay honest with the sonames, but it does not require us to
> increase the sonames unnecessarily.

Well, the problem I'm concerned about is how do we stay honest.  We now
realize that our devel procedures may not catch this sort of mistake.

It might be that the Windows DLLs will catch any unintentional
dependencies, but I'm not feeling especially comfortable about it.