Install Failure, Please help !

От EnriGA
Тема Install Failure, Please help !
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear all,

I have just installed Cygwin Bash Shell (all the setup component is
downloaded from the internet by a setup program)
The Cygwin works fine (Under Winnt english verion 4.0)

Now I am trying to install the PostgreSQL7.0.3
From the offical guide, it has several steps:
I am now meet difficulty in the step "./configure"
when I type this, it shows the following error:

administrator@ENRIGA /pgsql/src
$ ./configure
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking echo setting...
checking setting template to... cygwin32
checking whether to support locale... disabled
checking whether to support cyrillic recode... disabled
checking whether to support multibyte... disabled
checking setting DEF_PGPORT... 5432
checking setting DEF_MAXBACKENDS... 32
checking setting USE_TCL... disabled
checking setting USE_PERL... disabled
checking setting USE_ODBC... disabled
checking setproctitle... disabled
checking setting ASSERT CHECKING... disabled
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

when I edit the config.log, it shows:

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while^M
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.^M
^M
configure:603: checking host system type^M
configure:697: checking setting template to^M
configure:831: checking whether to support locale^M
configure:846: checking whether to support cyrillic recode^M
configure:862: checking whether to support multibyte^M
configure:901: checking setting DEF_PGPORT^M
configure:919: checking setting DEF_MAXBACKENDS^M
configure:937: checking setting USE_TCL^M
configure:989: checking setting USE_PERL^M
configure:1006: checking setting USE_ODBC^M
configure:1024: checking setproctitle^M
configure:1073: checking setting ASSERT CHECKING^M
configure:1104: checking for gcc^M
configure:1217: checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 ) works^M
configure:1233: gcc -o conftest -O2   conftest.c -lcygipc 1>&5^M
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2-6/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot find -lcygipc^M
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status^M
configure: failed program was:^M

#line 1228 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}

Am I setting somthing wrong ?
and when I type "make", something error:

administrator@ENRIGA /pgsql/src
$ make
You must use GNU make to use Postgres.  It may be installed
on your system with the name 'gmake'.

NOTE:  If you are sure that you are using GNU make and you are
       still getting this message, you may simply need to run
       the configure program.

Also, from the readme.nt, it tells me to set the environmental data,
but how and where to set it ? I am a newbie of it, Please help !

Regards
EnriGA