Re: template0 database comment

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: template0 database comment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah, I think that the right way to approach this is to have initdb
>> comment *both* of those databases.  I don't like that specific wording
>> for template0 though.  Maybe
>>
>> template0: unmodified copy of original template1 database
>> template1: default template for new databases

> Tom, the current comment for "template1" is "default template database".
> Do you like your above wording better?  It does make it slighly longer.

Actually that's Greg's wording.  Yeah I do like it better.  If you don't
already know what a template database is, "template1: default template
database" is going to convey precisely nothing to you.  Greg's version
at least gives you the information that it has got something to do with
making new databases, which would probably be enough to prompt people to
go look in the right part of the docs.