Re: databases limit

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: databases limit
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 18:48:44 -0200,
>   Fabio Angeluci Martins <famartins@gashost.com> wrote:
>> What/Where i need set/configure to limit the numbers of databases which a
>> normal user can create?

> Either a user can create as many databases as they want or they can't create
> any.

I have a feeling that what the questioner really means is "how can I
limit the resources consumed by any one database user?"  In which case
the problem is a lot bigger than limiting the number of times you can do
CREATE DATABASE.  What about creating a lot of tables in a single
database?  Or attaching a lot of indexes to a table?  Or inserting a
huge number of rows in one table?  Or running queries that take forever
and chew up all the CPU cycles?

Postgres doesn't really attempt to deal with any of these problems.

Сообщение: Re: How do I create an array?
Сообщение: Re: How do I create an array?