Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...

От: grant@amadensor.com
Тема: Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (, )
 Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (Andy Colson, )
  Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (, )
  Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (, )
 Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (, )
   Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (Scott Carey, )
    Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (, )
 Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: Fun little performance IMPROVEMENT...  (Ivan Voras, )

> Odd.  Did'ja by chance run the select more than once... maybe three or
> four times, and always get the same (or close) results?
>
> Is the stress package running niced?
>
> -Andy

I got a little crazy, and upgraded the DB to 8.4.5.   It still reacts the
same.

I am hoping someone has an idea of a metric I can run to see why it is
different.