Re: Missing results from scroll cursor in PostgreSQL 8.3.3?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Missing results from scroll cursor in PostgreSQL 8.3.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Seems like GIST should be able to fake a backwards scan if needed.

Well, it tries --- there is logic in there that pays attention to the
scan direction.  Like I say, I don't know the extent of the difficulty.

If we were to decide that it's unfixable, the right thing would be to
have the planner stick a materialize node on top, rather than invent
a specialized kluge for GIST.