Re: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync
Дата
Re: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync
Список pgsql-general
On 12/12/20 6:58 PM, Tim Uckun wrote:
> I want to dump my postgres schema to disk in neat directories like
> pgadmin presents. Then I want to be able to edit the files and sync
> changes to the database and ideally if changes were made in the
> database to sync them back to the disk.
>
> Is there a tool that does this? Is there a tool that will dump the
> schema into separate directories and files like pgadmin does?

pgAdmin does not create directories, it just organizes the contents of
the system catalogs into GUI elements.

For schema management I would suggest a tool like the one I use
Sqitch(https://sqitch.org/). It will organize the process of schema
creation and management.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync
Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync