Re: "insert [...] on conflict" hangs on conflict on an unmentioned gist index

От Heikki Rauhala
Тема Re: "insert [...] on conflict" hangs on conflict on an unmentioned gist index
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 4.7.2016, at 20:35, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
>=20
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 9:38 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Nah, I take that back --- I was expecting this to be handled =
somewhere
>> else than it is.  It looks like the actual cause is just sloppy
>> handling of noDupErr in ExecInsertIndexTuples; the attached fixes it
>> for me.
>=20
> I agree that that's all this was; it's uncommon to specify an
> exclusion constraint by name with DO NOTHING, so we didn't catch this
> until now.

Thanks for the quick response! I tested the patch with the more complex =
query that initially brought this up, which is more like:

insert into gist_test (bar, foo) values ('baz', 'foo')
on conflict on constraint gist_test_bar_unique
  do update set foo =3D excluded.foo;

The patch works as expected also for that case.

Best regards,

- Heikki.