Re: [HACKERS] Consistently catch errors from Python _New() functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Consistently catch errors from Python _New() functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> While reviewing some unrelated code, I noticed that we are handling
> error conditions from Python API functions such as PyList_New() and
> PyDict_New() in pretty random ways or not at all.  Here is a patch to
> fix that.

This needs some adjustment in the wake of 687f096ea.

I'm confused by the places that change PLy_elog calls to pass NULL:

-        PLy_elog(ERROR, "could not create globals");
+        PLy_elog(ERROR, NULL);

How is that an improvement?  Otherwise it looks reasonable.