Re: pgsql: Improve PQtrace() output format

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Improve PQtrace() output format
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> I see the Visual Studio buildfarm members have been getting a compiler
> warning since this commit [1]
> (ClCompile target) ->
>   src/interfaces/libpq/fe-trace.c(87): warning C4133: 'function':
> incompatible types - from 'long *' to 'const time_t *const '
> [C:\\pgbuildfarm\\pgbuildroot\\HEAD\\pgsql.build\\libpq.vcxproj]

The current form of it is my fault, I think, see f1be740a9.
Alvaro's commit had different issues ;-(

> It looks like this is due to long being 32-bits on Visual Studio.

As best I can tell from these warnings, VS has the tv_sec field
of struct timeval defined as something other than time_t.  Because
VS would never stoop to actually complying with the plain text of
the POSIX standard.

> We could just assign tval.tv_sec to a local time_t value to get rid of
> it.  See attached.

Yeah, I've not got a better idea.  But please add some comment
about how this is working around VS brain-damage, because anyone
looking at the available standards documents would think the
copying is unnecessary.