Re: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Ansley, Michael" <Michael.Ansley@intec.co.za> writes:
> When is 6.6 being released?

Schedule?  You want a schedule???

Seriously, I'd have to guess at least three months off.  Vadim wants to
do transaction logging, I've got a lot of half-baked optimizer work to
finish, and I dunno what anyone else has up their sleeve.

The goal used to be a major release every three months, but we haven't
met that in some time.  And, since it seems like we are now putting
out major releases in order to do significant upgrades and not just
incremental stability improvements, I kinda think that a slower cycle
(six-month intervals, say) might be a more useful goal at this stage.
Has the core group thought about this issue lately?