Re: Event Triggers reduced, v1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Event Triggers reduced, v1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Um, doesn't that require nonrectangular arrays?

> Doh.  You're right: I keep forgetting that arrays have to be rectangular.

> Any suggestions on a sensible way to represent this?

Are there likely to be enough entries that storage efficiency actually
matters?  If not, we could use a 2xN array of {key,allowed_value} pairs,
that is

{{thingy,item1},{thingy,item2},{otherthingy,foo},{otherthingy,bar}}

Or perhaps push these out into a separate table, along the lines
ofoid    key    allowed_value
and use an oidvector to list the selected values in a trigger entry?