Re: NASA needs Postgres - Nagios help

От Sean E. Connolly
Тема Re: NASA needs Postgres - Nagios help
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> NODutils however has no real working support for PostgreSQL, IDOutils (which I mentioned elsewhere in the thread) from the icinga fork does have basic support.

>The SQL queries used in NDOUtils are highly MySQL specific, mostly the ON DUPLICATE KEY functionality based on unique constraints is a bunch of work to be resolved. Next to that, the "normal" insert statements are not normalized (insert into ... set >foo=bar instead of insert into ... () values ()), some missing time conversion procedures and naturally the last insert id on MySQL, which needs an adaption on sequences in Postgresql and Oracle.

Fine, so there will be a lot of boring modifying of the src and associated scripts (if the license permits), but "Not Supported" doesn't mean it can't be done. It all depends on how much hacking one wants to do.

>Which means, just by changing the .sql files and the column attributes, this won't work. Not even the connection will happen since there is no C source code for that available via #ifdef.

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but nagios/ndoutils-1.4b9/src/db.c is loaded with #ifdef USE_PGSQL connection functions. Some of the PGSQL specific functions in ndo2db.c are commented out, but are at least there.

Sean