Re: BUG #5714: TZ pattern error on to_timestamp

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5714: TZ pattern error on to_timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Alexander Loechel" <Alexander.Loechel@unibw.de> writes:
> After an update on my ubuntu system of postgres 8.4.4 to 8.4.5 the
> to_timestamp methode produces different results.

> in a CREAT View statement I have following methode call:
> to_timestamp(dbtimestamp, 'YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS TZ') AS "timestamp"<<

> Where dbtimestamp is a String coming from a CMS.

> before migration it produces normal timestamps
> after migration I get following Message:

> "ERROR: TZ/tz format patterns are not supported in to_date"

Testing shows that that example fails in every Postgres release back to
7.1.  The spelling of the error message varies a bit, but they all agree
that a TZ format spec isn't supported.

I don't know what changed in your installation, but it wasn't this.