Re: Postgres batch write very slow - what to do

От femski
Тема Re: Postgres batch write very slow - what to do
Дата
Re: Postgres batch write very slow - what to do
Список pgsql-performance
I am runing Postgres 8.2 on OpenSuse 10.2 with latest jdbc driver. I moved
the app to be collocated with the server. Oracle takes 60 sec. Postgres 275
sec. For 4.7 million rows.

There are 4 CPUs on the server and one is runing close to 100% during
inserts.
Network history shows spikes of upto 60% of the bandwidth (Gnome System
monitor graph). I have a gigabit card - but should not enter into picture
since its on local host.

thanks,

-Sanjay