Re: Strange error message

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strange error message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Adriaan Joubert <a.joubert@albourne.com> writes:

> Right, I'vebuilt a new database and everything seemed fine for a while and
> now I've got this message back. It is due to the index on one of our
> tables getting messed up - at least, if we drop and recreate the index
> everything is fine. What should I do to track down what is happening?
> Compile with asserts, or run with specific logging?

Compile with asserts and -g, and get a backtrace from the ensuing
coredump.  (LockBuffer *will* Assert when passed a zero.  If we are
really lucky, we might see an earlier Assert failure that will give
more clue about where the zero comes from --- but if not, the backtrace
from the bogus LockBuffer call might still be useful.)