An error (hhctrl.ocx) and a bug (DROP DB)

От Çağıl Şeker
Тема An error (hhctrl.ocx) and a bug (DROP DB)
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On the installation of pgAdmin (.. 1.4.0 - 1.4.1. - 1.4.2) I get en error about hhctrl.ocx. But after I click OK the
installationgoes without error. The error is "Error 1931: The windows intaller service cannot update the system file
C:\WINNT\System32\hhctrl.ocxbecause the fle is protected by Windows. You may need to update your operating system for
thisprogram to work correctly." I don't think this is a bug anyway I wanted to state it.

The real issue comes with the 1.4.2 (I don't remember getting this error apriori). I cannot drop the databases I've
created.I get two different errors. I couldn't figure out on what conditions one or other appears. The errors are:

"An error has occured in pgAdmin II:basActions.Drop:
Number: -2147467259

"An error has occured in pgAdmin II:basActions.Drop:
Number: 424

I am sure that no one accesses the databases while I drop them. These errors don't affected by number of tables, or not
havingany at all.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Cagil SEKER
"Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of outsmarting you. Something that you'll never forgive me for!" - The
Mentor'86(Hacker's Manifesto)