Re: Thread-safe configuration option appears to

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Thread-safe configuration option appears to
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On Monday, August 04, 2003 12:50:31 -0400 Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> Larry Rosenman wrote:
>>

>> --On Monday, August 04, 2003 12:30:32 -0400 Bruce Momjian
>> <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
>>

>> > We decided to make separate thread/nonthread libraries if the threading
>> > requires any special flags --- we haven't done that yet, and only
>> > configure controls it.
>> That will be a POLA (principle of least astonishment) violation on
>> UnixWare.
>
> When we have the capability to do dual library builds, we might have a
> way to specify a threading flag that will apply to the main libpq and
> not create a libpq_r.  If it is a good flag, can we use it in the
> template file for all compiling?
I **THINK** so.  What I'm thinking of is -D_REENTRANT for UnixWare
especially for libpq.

the --with-threads would cause ecpg to be compiled/linked as -lpthread in
addition to
-D_REENTRANT

LER

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: problem with RH7.3 Pg7.3.4 binaries
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Thread-safe configuration option appears to