Re: pg_connect dumps core

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_connect dumps core
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Matthias Teege <matthias@mteege.de> writes:
> tclsh8.3
> % load libpgtcl.so
> % pg_connect m3
> Connection to database failed
> FATAL 1:  Database "m3" does not exist in the system catalog.
> % pg_connect m2
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

> in postgresql errlog there are:

> FATAL 1:  Database "m3" does not exist in the system catalog.
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

Strange.  Evidently it's getting as far as opening the connection
(pq_recvbuf is used in the backend, not the postmaster), but then
crashing after that.  I can't see any reason why it would work for
pgaccess but not for you.  (I notice that pgaccess uses the conninfo
style of arguments to pg_connect, but that shouldn't make a
difference...)

Can you provide a stack backtrace from the core file?