Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.3 limiting max_connections to 64 ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.3 limiting max_connections to 64 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alexandre Barros <alexandre@vectorx.com.br> writes:
> [ can't get more than 64 connections ]

Have you looked into the postmaster log (stderr or syslog output) to
see if any error conditions are being reported?

It occurs to me that the postmaster might be running in an account that
has a max-number-of-user-processes limit.  On machines where such limits
are enforced, 70 or so is a pretty common value, so that would fit with
your experience.  I can't tell you exactly how to check or change that
limit, because it's different on different variants of Unix, but it's
something to look into.  If this is the problem, you'd be seeing "fork
failed" messages in the postmaster log.