Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows

От Jon Smark
Тема Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows
Дата
Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

This thread has veered off-topic, but my original problem still remains.
Basically, I want to declare a function that returns a tuple consisting
of an integer and a set of table rows.  Something like the following:

CREATE FUNCTION foobar () RETURNS (int4, SETOF users)

Now, if I understand correctly, the only way to have a function return
a tuple is to create a named record and have the function return that
record:

CREATE TYPE page_t AS
  (
  total  int4
  users  SETOF users
  )

Which is of course not grammatical.  So, how does one solve this problem
in PL/pgSQL?

Thanks in advance!
Jon