Re: Add the ability to limit the amount of memory that can be allocated to backends.

От reid.thompson@crunchydata.com
Тема Re: Add the ability to limit the amount of memory that can be allocated to backends.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2023-04-19 at 23:28 +0000, Arne Roland wrote:
> > Thank you! I just tried our benchmark and got a performance
> > degration > of around 28 %, which is way better than the last
> > patch.
> >
> > The simple query select * from generate_series(0, 10000000) shows >
> > roughly 18.9 % degradation on my test server.
> >
> > By raising initial_allocation_allowance and >
> > allocation_allowance_refill_qty I can get it to 16 % degradation.
> > So > most of the degradation seems to be independent from raising
> > the > allowance.
> >
> > I think we probably should investigate this further.
> >
> > Regards
> > Arne

Hi Arne,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm plannning to look at this.

Is your benchmark something that I could utilize? I.E. is it a set of
scripts or a standard test from somewhere that I can duplicate?

Thanks,
Reid