Re: [PERFORM] query of partitioned object doesnt use index in qa

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PERFORM] query of partitioned object doesnt use index in qa
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I'm wondering if we should extend the new CREATE STATISTICS framework to
> be able to do that without requiring an index.

I think that's already on the roadmap --- it's one of the reasons we
ended up with a SELECT-like syntax for CREATE STATISTICS.  But it
didn't get done for v10.

If we do look at that as a substitute for "make an expression index just
so you get some stats", it would be good to have a way to specify that you
only want the standard ANALYZE stats on that value and not the extended
ones.